Hall Council Training Day
RHA hosts Hall Council Training Day every September for elected Hall Council members. Hall Council Training Day prepares students for the year and offers networking opportunities.
Regional and National Conferences
Residential students have the opportunity to attend various conferences with RHA throughout the year. Conference locations change every year, and thus, so do their websites. However, the SWACURH website can be a great source of information on regional conferences.
Conferences We Attend:
- Southwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (SWACURH) Leadership Conference
- Usually takes place in early November
- SWACURH Business Conference: Regional business conference for RHA President, NRHH President, & NCC
- Usually takes place in Mid - February
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls: (NACURH) Conference for elected board members
- Usually takes place in late May or early June
How to Attend the Leadership Conference
- Reside on-campus and currently be involved in RHA and/or your Hall Council.
- Be able to attend weekly meetings prior to the conference.
- Be willing to assist RHA in some of the costs associated with the conference (usually $10- $30 for t-shirts).
- Must adhere to Texas State University student code of conduct and host school code of conduct at all times.
- Be willing to share a hotel room with up to 3 other people (same sex rooms).
- Complete an application
- Able to miss one class day. A letter explaining the absence will be provided. However, it is up to each of your professors to excuse you.